Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Who goes there?

Last night I got my introduction to the questionable phenomenon of phantom kicks. Any woman who has ever been pregnant enough to feel her baby's movements knows what I'm talking about. Those ghostly kicks mimic the real ones pretty darn well.

Yet another wonderful way nature chooses to torture me. The timing was impeccable, too.

9 Comments:

  • At August 08, 2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Momma Jen said…

    (((HUGS))) my dear friend.

     
  • At August 08, 2006 11:53 AM, Blogger Ann Howell said…

    I learned to stay away from spicy food in the months following Lydia, because inevitably the resulting gas bubbles would give me one or two of those "phantom kicks". 2+ years later, it still happens every now and then and it's always very unnerving.

    (((Big hug)))

     
  • At August 08, 2006 1:52 PM, Blogger delphi said…

    Lord, oh lord, those "kicks" are deadly. Only other mama's who have been there can possibly understand what that feels like. Our bodies don't forget, which is reassuring to me somehow...

     
  • At August 08, 2006 2:44 PM, Blogger Catherine said…

    I've been dealing with this myself lately and I can honestly say it is about to send me over the edge.

    (((hugs)))

     
  • At August 08, 2006 4:16 PM, Blogger Rosemarie said…

    ((HUGS))

     
  • At August 08, 2006 8:28 PM, Blogger msfitzita said…

    Flock. That happened to me regularly for the first two or three months postpartum as I was healing from the C-section. The weird thing is, it still happens every now and then. Sometimes it makes me desperately sad, sometimes it brings back happy memories. It all depends on my frame of mind.

    The torment never ends, I suppose.

    HUGE ((((((HUGS)))))

     
  • At August 08, 2006 10:28 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    (((((HUGS)))))
    I am thinking about you.

     
  • At August 08, 2006 10:54 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    (((hugs))) I wish things were different for you.

     
  • At August 09, 2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    I thought that I was crazy. They're few and far between now, but I had them constantly for the first few months.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home