Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Friday, July 07, 2006

Just shoot me

Well, my RE appointment on Wednesday went flawlessly. Really, it was very uneventful and all my hormone levels were where they should be at this point in my cycle and the ultrasound looked normal as well.

The only bad thing was that the phlebotomist really bruised my arm while taking my blood. Today it's several shades of purple, blue and green. Ouch.

And, tonight is the first of eight daily injections.

Last night Mike and I watched the injectible training video and my face went white as a real person pushed a real needle into her real belly. Ouch.

I even had nightmares about this last night, wondering how I'd muster up the courage to jam that needle into my belly. Luckily I picked up a bottle of wine to help relax me a bit before the main event.

So, tonight between 6 and 8, I have an appointment with a prick.

Did I mention, "ouch"?

5 Comments:

  • At July 07, 2006 4:52 PM, Blogger MB said…

    I found that my anxiety about the injections was much, much worse than the actual injections. They really aren't as bad as your mind wants you to believe.

    Hugs.

     
  • At July 07, 2006 9:21 PM, Blogger msfitzita said…

    OOooooh, I hope it goes okay. I bet after the first time it'll be much easier - the fear of the unknown will be gone.

    Just keep that bottle of wine handy...

    ((((((((HUGS))))))))

     
  • At July 08, 2006 1:44 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    ((hugs))I hope the first round of injections go okay...I'm sorry that your arm is sporting some technicolour bruises. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you lots of luck.

     
  • At July 10, 2006 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww Sherry Sorry you have to inject yourself and I couldnt imagine doing it either hopefully its not too painful!!!

     
  • At July 11, 2006 12:45 PM, Blogger kate said…

    ouch. (((((((hugs))))))

    Glad the appointment went well, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home