Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Monday, July 03, 2006

"Honeydew" list

Mike and I spent Saturday night out of town, and as I was packing our overnight bag, I noticed a folded-up piece of paper at the bottom of the bag. It was a list I had written for Mike from the hospital on August 11 of last year. He had to run home to take care of things at the house before his mom arrived later that day, and he was panicked, thinking he'd forget to do something important. Funny how what I viewed as important back then doesn't mean shit to me now.

- Put out mail
- Pay Verizon bill
- Do online banking
- Empty dishwasher
- Clean up loft
- Put sheets on Aerobed
- Take baby tub out of guest bath
- Move bouncy seat out of loft
- Clean litterboxes
- Change of clothes
- Hairbrush
- Bring Ryan's "first bear" - it's in his bassinet

I wonder what my next list from the hospital will contain. Hopefully we won't have any unexpected guests so a list won't be necessary. Only one guest is invited the next time around - a guest who will hopefully be staying for the long haul and who won't care if the litterboxes have been scooped or if we're wearing two-day-old clothes.

That sounds like an ideal visit.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home