Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Thursday, June 01, 2006

91 degrees and rising

Ah, yes. Summer is here in North Carolina.

I'm acutely aware of this, because, on top of all the other shit we've been dealing with (which is why I've been a naughty, naughty blogger), our air conditioning decided to sieze up just in time for the temperatures to soar well into the 90s.

Maybe there is ONE measly good thing about this situation: At least I'm not pregnant in this heat without A/C.

Yes, that's an extremely selfish statement, thinking only of MY comfort and convenience, but, any woman who has been pregnant during the stifling summer months would agree that being cool is one of the greatest luxuries and biggest priority while sporting a big ol' preggo belly. If this had happened last year at this time, you can bet your ass that I would've been spending a few nights at some hotel while Mike tackled pet-sitting and the repair appointment. Again, selfish but true - and I make no apologies for being honest that I'm a spoiled prima donna.

And, as my/our rotten luck would have it, the repair work doesn't fall under warranty, so our almost-empty pockets will need to cough up several hundred dollars. Why am I not surprised by this news? Our house is only three years old, so it defies logic that the A/C would need servicing so soon, but it seems to be par for the course these days. Expect the unexpected.

I really hate that I've become so cynical, but it comes so naturally nowadays.

I'm off to figure out how to get my bedroom below 90 degrees before bedtime, which is less than four hours away. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

  • At June 01, 2006 8:58 PM, Blogger Catherine said…

    Our car...your AC...is there a full moon this week or something?

     
  • At June 02, 2006 2:45 PM, Blogger JPAKAJR said…

    I know I know.........that is I know how to get your house cooler....Well it works for me right now.

    Wait until the temp outside is cooler than inside your house. Then open all the windows and use a fan to pull air in the windows and push air out on the other side of the house.

    We need a new unit. Couple grand.....Arggggg. Upstairs it has been 88 degrees by the end of the day......But by working the fans we can get the house down to 78 at night. During the day we keep all the doors and windows closed while at work.

    Sheesh I just blogged your blog...I hope your a/c gets fixed soon!

     
  • At June 03, 2006 8:17 AM, Blogger kate said…

    Good luck! UGH i hate it when this stuff happens....hope it will be working soon...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home