Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I've managed to tweak the appearance of my blog and I decided to finally give it its proper title: Ryan was here.

I decided to give it this title because of a conversation Mike and I have had several times while trying to get pregnant again. We joke about what Ryan did inside my belly to make it his own, and how there must be cobwebs in there by now from the accommodations being vacant for so long. The cutest "theory" that Mike came up with was that somewhere in there, Ryan scrawled, "Ryan was here," just as little kids do on dirty car windows and chalkboards. You know - the occasional backwards letter, with the entire line of wording going either up or down hill.

The thought of that never fails to put a smile on my face, so I thought it was only fitting to use it as this blog's title; after all, Ryan was here and he's the inspiration for this blog.

Other than that, I haven't had much to write about. I've done so much serious thinking that my head hurts, but it seems that I've got too much space junk floating around up there to gather my thoughts enough to write about one specific incident or feeling. It's odd, because I've never experienced this before. It's almost as if the boundaries between the different areas in my life are blurred and they're spilling into each other. Weird shit.

Mike and I met with an RE on Monday and, seemingly, we're on our way to being treated for infertility. Yay. I am glad - please don't think I'm being ungrateful - but I'm disappointed that we've even had to venture down this path with all that's already happened to us. We're still in the preliminary stages, filled with lots of tests, but so far things look good. And, it was good to hear that I made the right decision by following my gut instinct and stopping the Clomid after six unsuccessful cycles. The RE agreed that it's probably not going to work if it hasn't already, and my side effects were only getting worse. The RE has made some suggestions for treatment, but we're waiting for the test results before deciding on anything definitive. The good news is that my body IS still working on its own and that in itself is a very good and relieving thing. Whew.

I haven't done much work in my garden - any of them - because I'm focusing all my energy toward nurturing our lawn. We had the backyard re-graded last fall, put down 14 tons of new soil, and re-seeded. It's slowly turning into a yard, but there are holes here and there that need patching and some extra TLC. It's nice to see more grass than bare spots, though, which is all we had had since moving there three years ago. It's now almost nice and lush enough for a set of bare baby feet to go walking on it. I have to hope and dream ...

Lots of changes - something we Cancers aren't too fond of. But, I'm rolling with it and holding on tight since I don't know what's happening next.

5 Comments:

  • At May 25, 2006 8:06 PM, Blogger kate said…

    I LOVE the new look and the new title of your blog! Your header is awesome...did you make that yourself? WOW...

    I hope the new RE is good for you...i hope for all good things for you!

    Lawns are a total PITA...don't get me started on lawns. ARGH mine is a mess of weeds and rocks and bald spots. But, if you take a picture from far enough away, it looks nice ;)

     
  • At May 25, 2006 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sher I love the new look and think its very fitting and Im sure Ryan did leave his mark on the inside of your belly ;) Im so excited about your RE appt and hope that you have nothing but good fortunes in the near future. Crossing everything for you...always :)

     
  • At May 28, 2006 11:45 PM, Blogger Kori said…

    Your new blog header is awesome and absolutely amazing. I LOL about the backwards lettering and the uphill/downhill writing. Zach is in the phase of downhill writing and writing a couple of letters backwards.

    Our lawn hates us, I wish you love and luck with yours LOL.

     
  • At May 30, 2006 12:02 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    The header that you created is perfect. Sharing your memory of Ryan leaving a bit of graffiti on your tummy made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At May 30, 2006 11:05 PM, Blogger msfitzita said…

    I LOVE it!!!

    It's perfect. Just perfect. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home