Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Monday, June 19, 2006

Small miracles

First off, thank you for all the thoughtful and caring comments left last week regarding my dad's health. I haven't ignored them; Mike's computer still isn't back from being repaired and now my computer isn't acting right, so I can only get online from work for the time being.

My dad is doing alright and is stable. He did in fact have a seizure last week, which caused him to fall in his kitchen. It was also discovered that his heart skips some beats while he sleeps - but jumps right back into rhythm once he awakens. To remedy this, a pacemaker is being put in place today, and he's on anti-convulsives to keep the seizures at bay. On Friday afternoon he had a heart catheterization done - just to be certain there weren't any other problems - and it came back good. So now the doctors are just trying to keep him as healthy and stable as possible till next Thursday, the proposed day of his operation.

I spoke with my dad Saturday morning and he reiterated that he didn't want me to see him "this way," so I'm respecting that request, and we're instead heading to see him over the long July 4th weekend - after the operation. There's still some question about his surgery being postponed till the 1st - Medicare reasons - but in any case, we'll be there for a few days.

That's all for now, but at least I have some concrete answers and know what to expect over the next 10 days. He's in good hands and is in the best place to finally be rid of this disease, once and for all.

5 Comments:

  • At June 20, 2006 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sher Im so glad to hear that things are getting sorted to get your Dad back to feeling better again. Im sure he will be happy to see you over the long weekend and I will continue to keep him in my prayers and thoughts (((HUGS))) keep us posted

     
  • At June 21, 2006 1:33 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    I will be keeping your family in my prayers.

     
  • At June 21, 2006 10:32 PM, Blogger Shannon (shan977) said…

    (((HUGS))) Sher
    I've btdt with my father so if you need anything, just email me, ok?
    I will keep you and him in my P&PT.
    Please keep us updated.

     
  • At June 21, 2006 10:52 PM, Blogger MB said…

    So glad to hear that they seem to have a grip on things. Do please keep us updated!

     
  • At June 22, 2006 3:30 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    I'm just catching up on blog stalking and I'm very glad to read your dad is better.

    ((((Sher))))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home