Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Friday, August 04, 2006

Just stuff

I thought I really knew what I wanted to write about today, but after sitting here for ten minutes, I'm realizing that my mind is far too scrambled from all the space junk clunking around in there. All I can say is that today has been very emotional and been very roller coaster-like.

Today a year ago I lost my mucous plug. I also vividly remember a phone call, where Mike asked me how his "fambly" - his term of endearment for Ryan and me - was feeling and what we were having for lunch. I remember the sense of relief at knowing it would be my last day at work for several weeks. Mike and I went out on a date that Friday night, since we knew our time as a two-person family was quickly coming to an end. We did our final preparations for the big day: Double-checked the car seat (it had been in the car for two weeks by that point); put the final coat of sealant on the wooden letters that spelled out Ryan's name, which were to be hung over his closet; lined our bed with towels, as well as my path to the bathroom from my side of our bed, in case my water broke while sleeping; put the last-minute items in my hospital bag; took a bath; and thoroughly examined my breast pump so I was sure I'd know how to work the contraption when the time came.

All pretty normal stuff to do before a baby arrives. And I miss it so much.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home