Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Sunday, January 22, 2006

My consolation prize

Today in the mail we received a U.S. savings bond that was issued as part of the healthy pregnancy program through our medical insurance carrier. I enrolled in it just after my pregnancy with Ryan was confirmed and never gave it a second thought. It just seemed like the right thing to do and enrollment enabled me to call their "hotline" if I ever had a question regarding my pregnancy. Luckily, I never had to make a phone call based on first-time mom jitters, and I was always praised by the nurses when they'd call to check in on me for being so diligent about my diet and weight gain. I worked so hard to ensure Ryan's health, but it didn't do any good.

I don't have a baby, but I've got a savings bond!

Great.

What a heck of a runner-up prize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home