Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Friday, December 09, 2005

The Ryan Sneeze

Okay, this is going to seem extremely goofy, but Mike, Ryan, and I have a little inside joke now when I sneeze.

Sneezes are a funny thing; everyone's are different. Some people have the little bottled-up "a-choo" while others have the boisterous "AHHHHH-CHOOOO!" that's heard on the other side of the world. Some have ones that require major preparation, while other have ones that sneak up and attack out of nowhere.

My sneezes have always resided somewhere comfortably in the middle. They're not too obnoxious, but they're very feminine. And, up until August, I always sneezed twice in a row. You could count on me always sneezing twice in a row - no exceptions!

Mike and I joke that one sneeze is for him and one is for me. It's our dorky little joke we have as a couple. My double-sneezes are always perfectly paired, just as me and Mike are.

Well, the week after I arrived home from having Ryan, my sneezes evolved, and instead of the usual double-sneezers, I suddenly developed a third, delayed sneeze, which follows about three seconds behind the second one. The third sneeze is much different than the first two, as it's a miniature sneeze and usually sounds cute, or as cute as sneezes can sound.

After several days of dealing with this new sneeze pattern, I wondered what was going on. I shared this with Mike and we both decided this new sneeze was "The Ryan Sneeze."

And, to this day - four months later - my sneezes are always two in quick succession, followed by the tiny third sneeze.

Just as my family has grown to three, so have my sneezes ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home