Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Friday, October 14, 2005

TGIF

What a bizarre week it's been, and I'm so very glad the weekend is just around the corner!

Wednesday was incredibly tough for me emotionally, and I slid right back into that horrible, gut-wrenching pit of gloom. I hadn't sobbed that hard since those first days after Ryan's death! I don't know what brought it on - probably nothing and everything.

I guess I finally had one of those anger moments that I was warned about. Somehow I had managed to dodge that particular emotion - or at least, not deal with a full-blown bout of it - till Wednesday night. Thankfully, Mike helped to hold me up (figuratively and literally) and made sure I had plenty of tissues. He let me cry and babble for hours, listening to every crazy word I uttered and never rushing me along. He's not just a wonderful husband, but a wonderful person, too.

By Thursday morning, I was feeling more balanced and ready to take on the day.

I had a lunch date with a gal from the chatboard I frequent and it was so nice! (I just have to remember in the future not to plan a real-life meet-up when I've only got an hour.) It wasn't nearly enough time to blab and to get to know one another, other than what we know from our chatboard posts. And it was nice to not have to explain my crazy mood swings. She knows about everything that happened with Ryan, and, like the other gals from the chat board, has been so supportive and understanding.

And, today seems to be moving along rather well, too. It's my short workday and it's payday - what could be better?!

I think I hear the doctor calling for some shopping as therapy. I probably should. I haven't treated myself in a very long time, so a shopping spree is long overdue.

Hopefully Ryan will give his momma some much-needed advice on the newest fall fashions ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home