Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Thursday, October 06, 2005

1 part Happy, 2 parts Sad

Motherhood has changed me in many good ways: I'm more compassionate, patient, giddy, content, upbeat, and most times, joyful.

It has also changed me in many not-so-good ways: I'm much more cynical, anxious, moody, insecure, pessimistic, and sometimes, downright sad.

The good ways are almost certainly influenced by Ryan's birth.

The not-so-good ways are most definitely influenced by Ryan's death.

These newest emotional "ingredients" don't seem to be blending too well, though. It's like trying to combine oil and water - they just aren't meant to mix.

I guess that's because giving birth to your baby one day and having him die two days later isn't supposed to mix.

Okay ... who fucked up my recipe?

1 Comments:

  • At October 06, 2005 10:33 PM, Blogger msfitzita said…

    I don't know, but whoever it was gave me the same cookbook too, dammit.

    Lots of ((((((((HUGS))))))))). I hope one day very soon we both find a recipe that ends in nothing but sweet, ooey, gooey, goodness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home