Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Sunday, May 11, 2008

2nd Annual Mother's Day celebration

Hooter's was our restaurant of choice again this Mother's Day and, again, it didn't disappoint. So, instead of feeling like a mom with empty arms, I felt more like a regular person just going out for an indulgent lunch, minus the sugary-sweet Mother's Day greetings from unknowing hostesses.

Even though I'm walking around with a generously swollen belly and all seems well to those on the outside, today is a day that is quite bittersweet for me, as I celebrate what once was and what will hopefully be.

As usual, Mike treated me like royalty and bought me a set of nursing pajamas (something I've put off buying for myself) and we ended the celebration with a Butterfinger sundae.

It was a good day for this wounded soul.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home