Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Friday, April 13, 2007

My foray into self-employment

Here's what I've been up to:



I am now my own boss. Scary thought!

But, this is what I've wanted to do for a very long time, but didn't have the means or courage to do. Maybe having a heartless boss for three years was the motivation I needed to make that dream a reality.

I also chose today to "launch" my business because it's the third anniversary of losing Peanut #2, and I wanted this day to be one filled with more than just sadness, as the last two anniversaries have been. I don't want to always mark off the bad anniversaries and overlook the good ones.

As I was pulling the pieces together for this project, I seemed to be stuck on a suitable business name. I was trying to use my beloved Ryan as my inspiration in choosing a name, but I was coming up empty-handed every time I'd sit down for a brain-storming session. Then, quite literally, one night I dreamt about him and the word "heartstrings" was uttered by a faceless person in my dream. When I awoke from my dream, I knew that that was THE name I had to use, for more than one reason. And, it seemed the most fitting way to honor my Ryan's little life - and the lives of my other Peanuts who never made it here - and to keep his legacy going.

It feels good to share good news. I haven't been able to do this in a long time.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home