Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Saturday, August 12, 2006

Thank you to everyone

I wanted to thank everyone here, in the virtual world, for all the prayers, cards, flowers, e-mails, gestures, and sweet sentiments of support shared during Ryan's first birthday/angel day, as well as during my dad's sudden death.

I'm fearful that I'm handling all of this a little too well, and I'm waiting for the real me to emerge at any moment. You know (or maybe you don't) - the blubbering one who cries at the silliest of memories or weeps at a stranger's wedding. But, at a time when I fully expected to go through enough tissues to keep Kleenex in business for a long time, my tears are suddenly on strike and the wells are dry.

Another self-preservation mechanism, perhaps?

Regardless, the extra support from everyone around Mike and me has, without question, gently carried us through this especially difficult time. I can never thank all of you enough for all the strength and love sent our way, but it means the world to us.

Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home