Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Saturday, August 12, 2006

Fertility Fiend ... or is it "Friend"?

In the midst of our emotional roller coaster ride, Mike and I were expected to "perform" on cue in the bedroom, as per our instructions from the RE.

Nice timing, doc. Nothing like being directed to go at it like hormone-crazed bunnies when your emotions are all over the map.

Actually, I should direct my contempt toward my ever-uncooperative insides and their usual impeccable timing. Who the hell decided I would ovulate on what should have been my baby's first birthday? Insanity, I tell you.

Any woman who has used the Fertility Friend website understands the little "intercourse timing anaylzer" box that appears after FF's software has determined you have ovulated. The "analyzer" analyzes your chances at attaining pregnancy based on your intercourse frequency around the peak time in your cycle. Then, the analyzer uses dots to indicate which days you "BD'd" - out of a total five days - and how those interludes rate, in their not-so-humble opinion.

With Ryan, our conception chances were only rated as "good," as we opted for the somewhat conservative BD schedule back when we were still stupidly naive about the whole TTC process. But this time, though, nothing was held back. We went for the gold and FF has rewarded that gusto by scoring our chances as "high" and has given us a green dot in each of the five windows that were considered peak days to achieve conception.

For whatever reason - maybe the odd timing of all of this - I found it amusing that Mike and I met the BD challenge established by Fertility Friend and "earned" our approval rating at a time like this.

Now, it remains to be seen if we'll be awarded our long-overdue medal in nine months, or will we once again need to compete in another BD marathon.

All I can do is hope and pray.

10 Comments:

  • At August 12, 2006 12:41 PM, Blogger Anam Cara said…

    I'll keep my fingers crossed because damm it, something good should come from this incredibly difficult month for you!

     
  • At August 12, 2006 12:50 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Good-luck...I hope the fertility gods are smiling down on you.

     
  • At August 12, 2006 1:22 PM, Blogger delphi said…

    Weird timing, but of course the best of luck.

     
  • At August 12, 2006 2:00 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    We're all hoping and praying with you, Sherry. You certainly deserve some good news, and I hope you get some very soon!

     
  • At August 14, 2006 3:23 PM, Blogger Ann Howell said…

    Oh, I so hope FF is truly a friend this month! I think it would be a wonderful sign if you conceived Ryan's sibling around his birthday...

     
  • At August 14, 2006 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im hoping that your High rating on fertility friend will bring you home the gold medal....Im rooting for you :)

     
  • At August 14, 2006 8:07 PM, Blogger kate said…

    fingers crossed here!!

     
  • At August 21, 2006 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sherry - i hope you are doing well during this very painful time. i hope you get your well deserved BFP soon. My heart aches for you and your family and I wish nothing but happiness for you and your family

     
  • At August 28, 2006 9:27 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Sherry,
    I hope that you're doing well and that MAYBE, just MAYBE, you've gotten the good news that you've been praying for. You deserve it more than anyone I know. Many hugs and lots of prayers coming your way! (your neighbor to the south from the Aug '05 mommies"

     
  • At August 29, 2006 1:41 PM, Blogger MB said…

    Missing you...how are things?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home