Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Monday, March 27, 2006

Interference

This is what I'm calling my dramas of late and their effect on my life.

"Interference" is defined as the act of hindering or obstructing or impeding.

Yep.

Now, as if I don't have enough grief with everything else swirling around me, I certainly don't need all of these other outside influences affecting my intimate time with my dear husband. Bedroom time is off limits to invaders such as these. We're both about to go crazy, with trying to adequately juggle all of these problems and yet keep up with our daily routine, so the absolute last thing we need to worry about is anxiety-induced performance issues in the boudoir, when it's supposed to be about relaxing.

As much as we desperately want another baby, this most recent fertile period which just passed was hell for both of us. As always, I was excited that ovulation was imminent - getting a positive test result on my predictor kit, feeling that distinct dull ache in my abdomen, and getting other body signals that I will not describe in detail - but we were lacking our usual gusto and fervor at the prospect of baby-making and on-cue sex.

Despite our best attempts, there was just no spark to light our mutual fires. We knew we had to perform, so as not to "waste" a cycle of meds, but it was more of a chore rather than a fun romp in the hay as it usually is and is supposed to be.

After spending the better part of the weekend trying to work up a little enthusiasm to do the deed, we realized that our minds had been polluted by all the other crap we've been dealing with. Unfortunately, our concerns were weighing on us so heavily - and yes, we both exhibited a lack of interest - that gettin' it on was the furthest thing from our minds.

We were able to make a feeble attempt (or two) at procreation, but we weren't filled with that great sense of accomplishment that usually follows our frenzied mid-cycle love-making. It was almost as if we were happy that another commitment was out of the way so we can go back to our regularly scheduled worrying.

It's times like these that have me asking for a time-out from life.

2 Comments:

  • At March 29, 2006 8:59 AM, Blogger msfitzita said…

    I wish I could grant you a time out - both of you. It would be nice to wave my magic wand and make everything right - at least for one day.

    I wish I could. I really, really do.

    (((((((HUGS)))))))

     
  • At March 29, 2006 12:05 PM, Blogger kate said…

    I wish you could have a little time-out from all of it too.....((((hugs)))))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home