Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Thursday, March 09, 2006

Declined?!?

Mike just found out that his application for life insurance was declined for several reasons, but the reason that was of most relevance was his anxiety before, during, and after Ryan's death.

Is someone fucking kidding me?

Right now, if I could, I'd take the thorniest rosebush I could find and stick it up the douchebag-of-an-insurance-carrier's ass and twist it.

We're now being penalized for not being shiny, happy people after our newborn's death? Oh, of course! That makes perfect sense. We should have fake fucking smiles plastered across our faces instead of picking up the pieces of our shattered hearts. That makes much more sense

I guess someone forgot to tell us that that was the acceptable way of handling a loss of that magnitude.

Yep. I'm convinced that we live in a cruel and heartless world.

4 Comments:

  • At March 09, 2006 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! That is so not right! I'm sorry that this is one more knife stuck into you.

    ((((Sher and Mike)))

     
  • At March 10, 2006 12:00 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    OMG! I can't believe that...how heartless and cruel. Do they not realize that there are people behind the forms. Big ((hugs))
    Is this an instance where media attention might help...it might shame them into having a heart.

     
  • At March 10, 2006 9:03 AM, Blogger Momma Jen said…

    ((HUGS)) Damn it! Where is your break in life? I am just in shock.

     
  • At March 11, 2006 8:43 PM, Blogger kate said…

    *(*&@#&^%@%!$!^!$%!@ That is horrible, what a horrible company!

    Which company is this, anyway?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home