Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Monday, February 20, 2006

C'est La Vie

Last week, when I first heard that the Westminster champion Whippet had gotten loose at JFK airport, I felt a huge lump form in my throat.

Okay ... I know: It's just a dog to many people. But, I know how utterly sick I'd be if my sweet Toby had escaped the safe confines of his travel crate and was running around some 5,000 acres of an unfriendly and unfamiliar airport.

It's now almost a week later and "Vivi" is still MIA.

I don't know why this is weighing so heavily on my mind, but it is. Maybe it's because I'm a huge animal lover and I can't bear to hear any stories of precious pets in peril. Maybe it's the helplessness that the owner undoubtedly is feeling, knowing how awful it is to watch tragic events unfold and be powerless to stop or change them.

I know that feeling all too well.

I can only hope that little Vivi makes her way safely back to her owner who misses her terribly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home