Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Friday, February 17, 2006

Heading off into the sunrise

My morning commute consists of driving directly into the rising sun. It's a pain in the butt sometimes, trying to find just the right angle for the car visor that blocks the glare coming through the glass, yet allows enough unobstructed windshield to safely drive.

Most mornings I grumble at being nearly blinded by the incoming rays and having to constantly fiddle with the visor, but this morning's beautiful sunrise helped me to forget my petty inconveniences.

As I was getting onto the interstate, I was prepping myself to make my usual adjustments and caught a glimpse of the sun rising.

If I hadn't been on the highway, I would've slammed on my brakes and just stared at the sky. It was absolutely breathtaking.

Here was this gigantic orange ball peeking over the horizon, suspended by nothing and everything - the center of our universe. The clouds framed the sun at different, staggered levels and looked unusually wispy and delicate, allowing the sun's rays to poke through at all sorts of angles.

The colors were absolutely stunning. Practically every color of the rainbow was painted across the gigantic canvas of the sky. This priceless piece of art seemed to go on forever. It truly was a sight to behold.

As I watched yet another miracle of nature unfold, I had once again wished Ryan could see it. Maybe he did - or maybe he had an even better view and a greater appreciation of it from where he is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home