Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Thursday, March 23, 2006

APB: Be on the lookout for Sherry's sanity

Seriously. You might spot it walking down your street, mumbling to itself with its eyes glazed over.

I haven't written in a week because I just can't organize my thoughts in order to write about anything in a remotely coherent manner.

My brain is over-flowing. Someone call the plumber!

I know that everyone has drama in their lives, but, dammit, I'm tired of having to deal with too many things at once.

There's my dad's health troubles, which, seemingly, won't be resolved until his Medicare physician coverage kicks in, which won't happen until July. He's got the hospitalization coverage, but no doctor will see him or diagnose his condition till he's got that separate coverage. (And let's not even get started on how screwed up the Medicare system is.)

There's our life insurance appeal. We've submitted our appeal letter, worded as curtly as our very-obviously-canned rejection letter, so, it's yet another game of waiting till we know what step is next.

There's my dilemma with my OB doctor. I've interviewed another doctor, but I haven't quite decided if the new doc will be better than my current one. I've found another OB, but I'm waiting to see how this current cycle winds up.

There's my mouth situation. I'm going to the dentist shortly for x-rays and to have a cavity treated, but I suspect there is something more insidious and expensive lurking just below the surface.

There's Mike's blood pressure problem. Poor guy is convinced he's going to keel over from a massive heart attack due to his mild hypertension. I'm doing all I can for him, but, as someone at the opposite end of the blood-pressure spectrum, it's a little difficult for me to understand and relate to how freaked out he is.

There are my attempts at getting knocked up again. Some days I feel like a crazed woman trying to get pregnant, employing any wive's tale I come across to up my odds. I hate that this stupid aspect of my life seems all-controlling at times. I'm in this literal vicious cycle and I want out desperately.

And, of course, there's still the grief from losing Ryan. That situation ebbs and flows, which I'm assuming is natural.

And, everyone quickly says to me, "Oh, you just need to relax!"

Relax? I don't know if I even remember how to do that anymore.

1 Comments:

  • At March 24, 2006 1:36 PM, Blogger kate said…

    Been wondering about you...that is a really full plate....wish there was something i could do besides send some (((((hugs)))))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home