Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Wednesday, July 11, 2007

GTKY ... DYK style

Something a little more light-hearted than my usual entries ...

DYK, I'm only five feet tall?

DYK, I'm a Southpaw when writing?

DYK, I'm ambidextrous with most things, but can't brush my teeth with my left hand?

DYK, I played the trumpet for six years - and was quite good?

DYK, I first went "commando" at age six, after tearing my underpants on the playground equipment at school recess?

DYK, I hate my troll-like feet?

DYK, I want to learn sign language?

DYK, I dislike most bugs?

DYK, Praying Mantises are pretty cool?

DYK, my favorite flower is the stargazer lily?

DYK, my second favorite is the gladiolus?

DYK, my birthday is the same day as the summer solstice?

DYK, I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate?

DYK, a bowl of ice cream on a rotten day is wonderfully therapeutic?

DYK, I love shopping for greeting cards?

DYK, I love smelly-good candles?

DYK, gardening is my favorite activity?

DYK, I once broke my left leg in three places?

DYK, I tend to be a klutz?

DYK, I tipped my school desk during my high school Chemistry final exam?

DYK, I graduated high school 20 years ago?

DYK, I still feel like I'm 16, even though I'm clearly not?

DYK, I can be very competitive while playing board games?

DYK, I'm especially good at '80s trivia games?

DYK, my favorite recording artist is Madonna?

DYK, I've seen her in concert three times?

DYK, I still have my "gummy" bracelets from the mid-80s?

DYK, I was a huge Duranie?

DYK, I used to be able to do a pretty decent impression of Long Duck Dong?

DYK, my best friend has been my best friend for the last 29 years?

DYK, Mike and I met online - quite by accident?

DYK, we lived 1,200 miles apart for the first 18 months of our relationship?

DYK, I left my home state of 29 years to be with him?

DYK, it was the hardest - and best - decision I've ever made?

DYK, the next hardest was leaving Mike's family and his hometown to move to North Carolina, where didn't know a soul?

DYK, I love my iMac?

DYK, it's purple?

DYK, my car is purple, too?

--------------

So, who's next?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home