Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Friday, January 30, 2009

I melt with you

She actually knows who I am. And, I can't help but assume she loves me, judging by the way her face lights up when she sees me.

I kiss her forehead and wave "bye-bye" every morning, after Mike has secured her in her car seat, and she flashes me that big gummy grin and returns my wave with her own uncoordinated one.

She and I both look forward to when I get home from work so I can feed her. Mike does a great job at it, but she clearly prefers me at mealtime and gets wild with anticipation while I'm preparing her food.

She giggles and smiles at my not-so-perfect renditions of her favorite nursery songs banged out on her toy xylophone. Doesn't matter to her that I'm off key while singing along.

This little person has completely stolen my heart.

Wow ...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home