Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Leaping further

Today marks 26 weeks into my pregnancy. Some days, the time seems to have flown by, while other days, it's dragging at a snail's pace. Just 13 weeks to go till we, hopefully, get to meet our little glimmer of hope.

Otherwise, we're trying to make plans like any other expectant parents - only, we're not quite like most expectant parents. We've made a few purchases for Gummy, but we're still a little reluctant to do too much, just in case it all blows up in our faces again. It may not, but we're treading lightly nonetheless.

Gummy's changing table arrived two weeks ago, but we haven't assembled it yet. We're still working on a way to repaint the nursery, but leave some of the blue and tan paint that we used for Ryan. Not an easy feat, considering the colors we're considering using are purple and pink and don't exactly complement the existing colors.

I can't remember if I've shared nursery pictures before, but here's how Ryan's room looked, ready for his homecoming:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I'm finally feeling movement from within and it's upped my reassurance level even more. She's already developing her own little routine so I know when to expect the daily kick-fest to begin. I love all the activity, but wish she wouldn't choose 4am to literally bounce off her walls. And, I experienced my first Braxton-Hicks contraction today, too. Might not sound like a big deal to most, but considering I never had them with Ryan and even my labor contractions were almost non-existent, I see this as a pretty big thing.

Here's how I looked as of three weeks ago:

Photobucket

My next OB appointment is tomorrow morning, and I should receive a definite C-section date.

Gulp.

Maybe all of this is going to work out after all.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At February 28, 2008 10:35 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    You look great Sherry! I'm so happy things are just ticking along.

     
  • At February 28, 2008 10:49 AM, Blogger Catherine said…

    This post makes me smile.

    You look just lovely.

     
  • At February 28, 2008 1:15 PM, Blogger Rosepetal said…

    I really really hope so! Glad you updated. My time is also dragging by dreadfully. Ryan's room looks beautiful and Gummy's will too.

     
  • At March 03, 2008 6:01 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    What a beautiful nursery you made for Ryan. :) I am sure your little lady's will be equally adorable.

    And you look wonderful!

    Have you guys had your fetal echo yet (or are you having one?)? I feel like maybe I missed it.

     
  • At March 13, 2008 2:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh Sherry, You look simply gorgeous. I welled up with tears remembering the first time I saw those other pictures. Us talking about nurseries and colors and how I loved that you painted the walls different colors. It all seems like yesterday yet so long ago all at the same time. Gummy will have an equally wonderful litte home!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home