Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Monday, September 05, 2005

Dramamine, anyone?

Well, the last week has been an interesting ride, to say the least.

Both Mike and I couldn't wait for last week to end. We didn't have any special Labor Day weekend plans, but we just needed to be together, with no obligations or distractions. It's so hard being away from him during the week and now I'm dreading the next four days of being without him again during the day. It's not easy on him, either. He feels as lost as I do when we're apart.

My emotions bounce around so much when Mike's not with me. My bad moments really bottom out, while my good moments are almost too good to appreciate. No wonder my stomach has been a wreck - just like after a hellish amusement park ride.

Ryan's death has shown me just how much I love and need my Mike. And I'm not afraid to let everyone know how important he is to me. I'm much more protective of him now than I was before Ryan's passing. I don't want to take anything for granted ever again. ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home