Ryan was here ...



My not-so-sweet nothings, mostly comprised of my feelings at losing my two-day-old son, Ryan David, to congenital heart defects, and to celebrate the arrival of Ryan's healthy little sister, Megan Elizabeth, and hopefully welcome another little miracle into our brood in July 2010.


Monday, August 29, 2005

Welcome back

Today is Mike's first day back at work and my first here at home alone. I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but it's been much harder than I was expecting.

It's just past 12:30 p.m. and I've barely accomplished a thing in the past five hours. I drank a cup of coffee. I fiddled with my cell phone settings. I talked to Mike for five minutes. I got myself dressed and ready for the day. And I've done a load of laundry. Not much for five hours, huh? I keep getting distracted with thoughts of Ryan and drift off to some far corner in my head for a few minutes. Once I snap out of it, I forget what I had been doing before the daydream and end up wandering aimlessly around my house, trying to figure out what project I want to tackle next.

I hate feeling this way. It was getting easier to have more up moments, and now today I feel as though I've taken a complete turn for the worse.

My house is so eerily quiet. I know it was just as quiet before August 9, but today it's painfully silent.

I'm really missing Mike, too. I can't wait for him to get home today so I can just wrap my arms around him and cry into his chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home